How to Maximize a Small Office
Being confined to a small office can lead to lower productivity, loneliness, and stress. Having an efficient work space is important - even if it is compact. Here are a couple of tips for maximizing the space you have.
1. Make use of common areas: Conference rooms, common spaces, and break rooms should be set up so employees can change scenery.
2. Digitize.: By going paperless, you can get rid of physical copies - giving you a lot more space.
3. Simplify, declutter & stay organized: Pull a Marie Kondo and chunk anything that doesn’t spark joy or serve a purpose. Donate, recycle, and toss then keep it tidy moving forward.
4. Go up (vertical): Take advantage of shelving to free up desk and floor space.
5. Frequent breaks: Get out of the office to stretch your legs and your mind.
6. Smaller furniture: Ditch the huge desk and buy small-scale pieces.
Use these tips to transform your office into a space that feels spacious and inviting. And be sure to take advantage of windows, mirrors, light colors, and anything else that makes a room feel larger.